Monday, January 18, 2010

Mo's Golden Globe... give it back Mo


Its MLK weekend and Monique wins the golden globe setting her up for an Oscar win. The trend of negative black images being awarded continues! Denzel won being a crook, Hale is sexually assaulted in a gross sex scene and Monique just reminds people how abusive we can be. As if I haven't heard enough stories from friends whose hands have been burned for stealing a dollar or beaten with a pot spoon or rope. I think Monique should’ve simply looked for a role in a biography of a plus size actress or singer preferably one from the Harlem Renaissance period. These are the only ways we win Oscars by looking negative or singing... We are dream girls... And I am telling u... Georgia, Georgia. So if I had to pick between a negative mom who thought us nothing (because there was no break through in Precious) or a singer, give me the singer. At least a singer in the movies brings back to life some good oldies that I can later download for my ipod.

No comments:

Post a Comment